This recipe is very special to me because it was one of my first Paleo/Primal recipe creations back in my early days of experimenting with grain free flours. When I was young and unhealthy, my go-to recipe for muffins or bread was Banana Chocolate Chip because my husband loved the combination so much. He and I were both very sad to see them go just because they had a little flour in them. But now, I just whip up a batch of these when the cravings hit – and MAN, do they hit the spot! I have to hide some from my husband or he WILL EAT ALL OF IT.
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread (or Muffins)
3 bananas – smashed
2 Tbs butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 C almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 C flax meal
~1 Tbs water
1/2 C chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix bananas, butter, eggs and vanilla in a medium bowl until well combined.
3. Add almond flour, flax meal and baking soda to bowl and mix for several minutes – batter should be moist.
4. Stir in small amount of water (may not always be necessary, just depends on how wet/dry the batter is) and add chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter into loaf pan or lined muffin pan. Note that with grain-free muffins/breads, the dough will not rise much at all, so fill to proper height.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes (bread) or 18 minutes (muffins), until tops just turn brown and are firm to touch.