Today is the Superbowl. So, of course, there is a party. At this party there will be many, many things to eat. I will likely want to eat all of them, but am limited by one tiny factor: I don’t eat grains. That means that I cannot give in to the cookies, crackers or other breaded meats. My solution to this ‘problem’ is simple. BYOB. Yep- I’m bringing my own brownies! I love these, and everyone else will love them too.
This recipie is one of my faves since I discovered coconut flour – I modified it from one I found on Elana’s Pantry some months ago. It’s gluten free, processed sugar-free and so chocolatey. I particularly appreciate how easy it is to make. So, go ahead, make yourself some too.
Double Chocolate Brownies
1/2 C chocolate chips (dark or semi-sweet)
1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 C coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 medium eggs
1/4 C coconut oil (melted)
1/4-1/2 C maple syrup or agave (to taste)
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Nuts or chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a food processor, pulse the chocolate chips until mostly ground. Add the cocoa powder and stir together until combined.
- Add coconut flour, baking soda and salt and pulse until well blended.
- Add eggs and coconut oil, then maple or agave and vanilla – pulse.
- Pour into a greased baking dish, 8×8 or equivalent.
- Sprinkle any toppings on as desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Now I’m off to get ready for the party!